Home Decorating Ideas: Decorating Tips for Living Room
You may use your living room less frequently than other rooms but it doesn’t mean that you can let it cold without decoration. All guests who come to your home deserve to get a warm welcome when they enter the living room. For this reason, decorating a living room becomes a significant effort to do. In this modern day, your living room shouldn’t be that formal and stiff.
Creating a user-friendly living room is a good way to have a nice visit with your friends or relatives. You can decorate this main room in some unique ways so that you can receive your guests in a more comfortable way. Here are some decorating tips you can apply for this room:
1. Choose some pieces of furniture that are more versatile. Classic furniture is a great choice since it won’t look outdated in the next few years.
2. A good way to make your living room look more alive is by selecting comfortable seating. Seating furniture in vintage and antique style would be a great piece for this room. You don’t have to choose antique furniture in formal Victorian style. Nowadays, you can find casual antiques designed for living rooms.
3. Try not to buy a set of furniture such as chair set or matching couch. It would create a creative look if you select individual pieces and match them based on your personal taste. However, getting a pair of loveseats for the seating furniture is allowed. This is a matching that you can do with the furniture. You should also notice chairs placement in the room. Avoid locating a single chair in the corner since it will isolate one of your guests from the conversation.
4. Lighting selection also plays an important role in this room. It is a good idea to combine table lamps, decorative lamps and accent lighting to create a charming effect.
5. Update your lampshades and throw pillows frequently. Replacing these items is a great way to refresh the atmosphere in the room.
6. Keep your antiques in a safe area. Provide special shelves to keep the items to avoid them from any harm.
7. Last but not least, try to create an impression that you use your living room more often than you usually do. Placing small tables, chairs or storage item will make the room look more alive. You can also put some magazines on the tables to complete the look. However, don’t put too many accessories since they will only make your room look too cluttered.